If you’re a Human Resources, Corporate Social Responsibility, or Operations leader at your company looking to pilot innovative and evidence-based approaches to hire and retain new pools of talent, Talent Rewire’s Innovation Lab is for you!
This twelve-month experience is a low-cost, low-risk opportunity that will inspire and support you to pilot changes and get the results needed to address your most pressing front-line talent and diversity issues.
- What would happen in your company if you went back and had the courageous conversations? If you asked the difficult questions, if you wanted to get close enough to your workforce to understand their complexities? It's a vulnerable position to place yourself, to understand the complexities of your workforce, but that's when the best interventions come to light.
- We want to rewrite the script around there being a war for talent; instead let’s start talking about how we collaborate for talent because talent's out there. It's just often overlooked. You walked by it on your way here today. It was sitting in a street corner, it was in a cafe without a job, it was somewhere that you weren't looking.
SVP of People
- Through our opportunity employment journey, we discovered that there are a lot of non-profits and social enterprises out there that are getting folks job-ready and just need employers to partner with them. It's been a huge win-win for us because we have found that the partners bring job-ready candidates and some of these support services that we were trying to figure out how to do but I'll be honest, it's not our sweet spot. We have provided a culture of acceptance, a sense of belonging, and for a lot of these folks, a first gig or a first-second gig and opportunities for them to grow and learn transferable skills they can take into that next job for them.
SVP of People
- The Innovation Lab has been like an accelerator to this process, forcing us to intentionally invest in partnerships and connecting us with valuable support resources. There is no way that we would be where we are today with regards to supporting impact hires without the Lab journey.
SVP of People
- According to the ILO Global Employment Trends for Youth 2017 report, one-third of the world’s young people are not engaged in employment, education or training, which can dramatically impact their skills development, earning capacity, long-term employability and wellbeing. As a major employer of young people, McDonald’s has the potential and the scale to help bridge this opportunity gap.
Executive Vice President, Global Chief People Officer
- We were losing some of our best people because of financial insecurity. So we decided to do something about it. With access to emergency loans, our employees can better able take care of pressing needs in their personal lives while building credit. In return, our company experiences reduced absenteeism, higher morale, and more focused employees. Income Advance helps us demonstrate our commitment to our employees’ well-being.
Change is hard, but we can help. Through the Innovation Labs, you will:
Build your capacity to innovate new talent strategies that improve recruitment, retention, and/or advancement at your company
Design and implement a pilot that you can learn from and eventually scale
Receive coaching support and resources to support you with pilot implementation, data analysis, and evaluation
How the Innovation Labs Work
The Labs are low-cost and highly underwritten by philanthropy. The registration cost of $5,000 includes programming, meals, activities and consulting support for up to three participants over the twelve-month Innovation Lab experience.
Apply systems- and design-thinking to assess barriers and opportunities in your approach to talent
Finalize pilot design and begin implementation
The Innovation Lab comes to you! Engage in an onsite working session with the Talent Rewire team
Continue pilot implementation and collect data
Recharge x Rewire
Connect with other Innovation Lab alumni and tell your story
Continue to collect data and analyze the business value
Reflect on your pilot learnings and identify ways to share your story
Share your company’s opportunity employment story
Innovation Lab Members Commit to the Following
Active participation of three staff members over a 12 month timeframe, which includes two in-person gatherings lasting three days each
Designing and implementing a small-scale pilot to test an inclusive talent strategy that addresses a business need within the company
Tracking and sharing data and/or impact stories related to the pilot with the aim of contributing to the broader business case for Opportunity Employment
Sign-off from senior leadership to participate to ensure organizational buy-in
Innovation Lab Alumni
Learn more about what these companies are doing